Product informationFor sale here we have an RPi fully rebuilt 3.5 liter turnkey engine with standard heads. Sold here as a turn key engine, this uses a Weber/Edelbrock 500 carburettor, which is the only carb we will stock, fit or sell for the Rover V8. It also features an Edelbrock dual plane intake manifold. The advantage of this is that it allows higher air speeds through the inlet manifold, keeping the fuel suspended better at low RPM while still allowing for high airflow and power at the top end. We will also fit our ignition system meaning that all you need to do is drop the engine in your car, bolt up, plumb in, plug in a few wires, flick the key and go.
The engine here can be configured to suit a huge range of vehicles from Range Rovers or Defenders to Rover P5's and kit cars; just let us know what you're building and we'll do the rest, whatever set up you may have. This engine will of course also be built to our rigorous testing and build standards meaning you can be sure of the best quality and excellent longevity regardless of the application.
The engine sold here will have standard reconditioned heads with valve seats and guides suitable for unleaded petrol and LPG. If you want more power we have a range of upgrades available from camshafts to cylinder heads
- Built with an RPi approved 3.5 block
- Fitted with standard reconditioned cylinder heads, with optional upgrades available
- Weber 500 Carburettor
- Choice of Piper camshaft
- RPi Engineering ignition system with Magnecor leads
- Front timing cover fitted with new oil pump gears
- Anciliaries cleaned thoroughly, tested and painted where appropriate
- Built by Holly, who has been the only builder of RPi Rover V8 engines for over 25 years
- This engine is supplied in carburetted form, suitable for a wide range of applications from Range Rovers to kit cars.
- As all our engines are built to order by Holly, our engine builder of 25+ years experience, please note that there is around a 2 week build time on this engine due to the time required to produce and test the Merlin cylinder heads.
- RPi engines have been used globally and are known for excellent torque, reliability and longevity
- If the engine here doesn't meet your requirements, we are able to change the specification on each individual engine build, please call us on 01603 891209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- The price shown here is without an exchange unit, please contact us for more details
- Exhaust manifolds are not included as every vehicle is different, but are available from us if required.
- If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact RPi on the details shown below
PLEASE NOTE: the photos in this listing are for representation only, every engine is built to customer specification
Please contact us for prices as every application is different and each engine is built to order