Product informationIncluded in this listing is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to suit Rover V8 engines with the Flapper fuel injection system, as used on the Rover SD1 and some Range Rover Classics. This regulator is a replacement for the now very old standard fuel pressure regulators, and allows for the correct fuel pressure to be set with a much finer degree of accuracy than the standard regulator. The units sold here are 100% mechanical and are considered maintenance free and will come with universal fitting instructions.
The benefits of the rising rate regulator are enhanced throttle response, increased fuel efficiency, removal of engine flat spots and performance gains when compared to a standard regulator. Please note that the rising regulator is only advised to be fitted on Flapper systems where the ECU cannot be chipped. If you have a later injection system such as the 14CUX 'hotwire', GEMS or Thor, we advise chipping the ECU. Details of this can be found elsewhere in our shop or by contacting us directly.
Included in this kit:
- Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
- Lengths of fuel and vacuum pipes
- Brackets, screws, hose clips and instructions
- Pressure gauge to aid set up
- To test your old pressure regulator, check your fuel pressure at the rail, then suck on the vacuum hose to check the integrity of the diaphragm.
- This is a rising rate pressure regulator which increases fuel pressure at around 1.7x the standard rate under acceleration
- Email and telephone assistance available from RPi if required