Product informationIncluded in this listing is an ARP mains stud kit to fit all Rover V8 engines. ARP mains stud kits are used in all our pre-crossbolted engines, so you can be sure of excellent quality.
The engines that don't have cross bolting (ie 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2) also have very little sidewall contact on the mains caps. This means in some situations, the mains caps are able to "walk" slightly, which eventually causes havoc at the bottom end of the engine. With the ARP studs fitted, there is much less chance of this happening due to the much tighter fit of the stud in the mains cap, stopping any potential movement. It's for this reason that we fit an ARP stud kit to all of the engines we supply that aren't cross bolted and recommend that you fit them.
- The leaflet supplied by ARP for torque settings is not specific to the Rover V8. When installing, the studs should be nipped into the block with Loctite 243. The nuts are torqued to 70lb/ft, also with Loctite applied.
- Work from the centre mains cap outwards, finishing on number 5.
- Rotate the crankshaft after fitting each cap to make sure that it moves freely. The force required will increase slightly with each cap fitted, however a large increase in friction or a 'tight spot' in the rotation can be a sign of a bent crankshaft or badly fitted bearing.
- Suitable for all Rover V8 engines from 3.5 to 4.6 but especially recommended for pre-crossbolted engines.
- Fitted to all RPi pre-crossbolted engines as standard
- Head and big end stud kits are available from our shop.
- Early engines have very little side wall contact between the main bearing cap and the bolt, causing the bottom end to be weaker than it should be.
- The ARP stud is the exact size of the bolt hole in the bearing cap, stopping the cap from "walking" as it does when using the standard bolts.
- Finer thread pitch allows for better clamping force.
- Being a stud means that there is less change of pulling a thread out of the aluminium block when torquing the nuts down.
- Full installation instructions provided specific for the Rover V8
|Brand||ARP (Automotive Racing Products)|