A complete upgrade kit suitable for all Hotwire Fuel Injected engines, designed to give you the ultimate in complete fueling efficiency, plus ignition enhanced ability resulting in massive enhanced combustion ability for a smoother running, very responsive and efficient powerful engine.
Fuel Maps & ECU Chipping - Hotwire Tornado Variant.
The Tornado variant ECU chip. Suitable for the 14CUX Hotwire EFi system found on TVR's, Morgans, Land Rovers, Range Rovers and many kit cars. If you have the later Sagem (Gem's) EFi system please visit our shop for the correct chips.
Full control of the fuel map is contained within this innocent looking EPROM (Chip). It contains all the fuelling, RPM & fueling Load Map information, and instructions required to run your engine.
To understand better how it works you must understand that, although your engine needs to run at varying RPM, it also has an extra factor to be considered - Engine Load. This can be considered as the difference between part-throttle cruising or full-throttle accelerating or pulling.
When you are on part-throttle cruise driving mode, with Optimax or Tornado the fuel mixture will run slightly lean, giving you the best possible economy.
As you demand higher & higher load performance, such as under hard acceleration and load pulling, the Optimax and Tornado will allow it to run richer, and give you the best possible performance both without losing sight of efficiency.
With over 120 load/rpm adjustments, the Optimax and Tornado are streets ahead of any competition. (most of which just target more BHP with more fuel dumped in at high RPM).
- As an essential basic upgrade for engine economy and efficiency;
- When converting to a large capacity and/or performance tuning;
- Seeking maximum engine economy/efficiency;
- Lowering engine temperature & avoiding block cracking;
- The Chip that controls the engine's fuel map is easily located and replaced;
- The Optimax or Tornado chips will add substantial increases in economy, throttle response and pulling power to your vehicle, and in most cases are the ideal upgrade;
All the following information assumes you have the Hot Wire injection system.
Please check if your ECU type is 14CU, or 14CUX (14CU is normally American export only and currently cannot be chipped)
To be able to supply the correct family of chip we will need to know some information from inside the ECU itself. Inside there is a small chip with MVA**** on it. We need to know the rest of the numbers and letter.
If your ECU does not have a socket at present, we can supply one of these free of charge. (fitting service available, please enquire).
Our Tornado & Optimax ECU Chips have been extensively developed on vehicles under exacting Rolling Road conditions, thus ensuring perfect fueling throughout the rev range of almost any V8 Engine, and should be seriously considered as an important part of your vehicle's needs.
The following are just a few advantages and adjustments you can expect to have gone into all our ECU Chip upgrades
- Engine Temperature Map: Decreased cold and warm up fuelling to reduce the risk of flooding.
- Throttle Response: Quicker throttle response.
- Airflow Meter Scaling: Vital for good drivability and fuel economy, especially on large capacity engines. Allows correct control of part throttle fueling.
- Re-profiled Fuel Map: Provides good fuel economy on part throttle, and allows engine to rev more freely, (standard profile reduces fueling heavily after 4000rpm).
- Idle Speed: Lifted to give smoother idle.
- Throttle overrun braking: Increased engine braking.
- Removal of road speed limit: Standard 113mph road speed limit removed (Range Rover only).
- Cranking Fuel: Reduced risk of flooding, starting delay to allow oil pressure to build before starting
- 1 Mark Adams dedicated fuel map chip (EPROM chip).
- 1 Decoder socket to protect our software avoiding license charge.
- Installation is simple but we also supply simple Colour fitting instructions.
- Our unique 3 month return to base 'No Quibble' Warranty.
- For fitting gems chips we offer also video instructions.
- It is essential that you tell us the complete spec. of your existing engine to ensure the correct components are supplied.
- We are offering either the single or dual timing amplifier, please let us know which one you require upon purchasing, else we will default to sending the single timing.
- Upon Purchasing a set of Magnecor Leads please let us know what vehicle you wish to fit to, so we can be sure of sending the correct leads. If you have a coil lead length of over 22 inches please contact us first.