A brand new Ignition upgrade kit containing all you need to increase & enhance performance, efficiency and reliability of the somewhat compromised original Rover Ignition system. Normally required for your V8 and essential for all LPG and upgraded engines including EFi and Carburettor types.
Suitable if your distributors internals check out...... Please contact us for our check list
For information on Magnecor wires and our A&R amp that are included here please see our other listings
- Genuine Land Rover rotor arm and Lucas distributor cap
- Including our bespoke A&R Ignition Power Amplifier
- Plus Magnecor 8.00mm Plug Leads
- Set of V8 NGK BP6ES Spark Plugs
- Bosch Ignition coil
An opportunity to visit the Beautiful Norfolk Coast while our expertsinstall and setup this kit. You can already see some of our directors pictures of Norfolk here getthatpic.com
Along with knowing the installation is doneprofessionally and correctly, our mechanics can ensure it performs to its fullpotential as well as advising on further upgrades.
1 single or dual timing power amplifier, suitable for the Rover V8 engine, black style finish.
This amplifier will fit all the standard Rover V8 distributors, both single point and electronic, (excluding the early Lucas Opus system) and will also work in conjunction with the Mallory Unalite and Dual Point Distributor. If you have the early Lucas Opus distributor we seriously suggest that you upgrade from this system as it will be losing you 2 - 3 miles per gallon on fuel economy and much more in performance terms as well.
LPG is much more economical and just as powerful as petrol, but the issue is with the ignition timing and spark intensity due to the slower flame front of LPG.
When the selected fuel is gas, it is usually beneficial to employ rather more ignition advance than would be used with petrol to achieve best efficiency.
The unit addresses this requirement by allowing the timing to be set up optimally for gas and then automatically retarding the ignition (by an adjustable amount of degrees) when petrol is selected. The automatic retard is activated only when engine revs are greater than 1500, since the unit's accurate operation relies heavily on engine flywheel effect. A diagnostic indicator LED lights up when the automatic retard is active. As revs fall below 1500, the retard does not cut out until below approximately 1200 rpm. This overlap ensures that the unit cannot "hunt" near the switching threshold.
Thus it is possible to have optimum setup for gas while avoiding problems associated with over-advanced timing when switching back to petrol.
The unit contains its own integrated power output stage employing a low-saturation IGBT power transistor for low loss, minimal self-heating, and maximum reliability. The internal circuits are protected against accidental battery reversal. The input circuits allow configuration to suit most types of points and sensor types of distributors. Finally, internal links allow the automatic retard sensitivity to be set to suit 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines (wiring diagram supplied for the Rover V8 engine).
- Bigger Sparks, Maximum Power & Efficiency Potential, especially when upgrading other areas.
- Our exclusive A&R Power Amp increases spark output from 35KV +/- (new stock) to nearly 50KV.
- Installation in less than 30 minutes without any experience.
- The A&R unit is completely hand built exclusively for us & uses Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) output switch technology.
- If you are not running LPG we can provide a power amp which is designed for just petrol use.
- The right hand graph shows here a 60% spark duration increase. This is a massive gain by any standards and represents almost double the spark duration of all Std Rover V8 systems.
- Also shown on the left hand graph is the stored energy in the coil to created the spark which here you can see doubles with the Amplifier and Magnecor leads.
This is for a full set off 8.0mm Blue Magnecor Plug Leads, for 'all' Rover V8 Engines and engine variants fitted in very many different vehicles but will always be delivered correct for your Rover V8 whatever your application.
In the beginning. Designed primarily for pure racing engines using racing ignitions, turbo charging and supercharging. The Entire jacket was made from aerospace extreme heat-resistant silicone rubber. Exclusive magnecor 2.5 mm Metallic Inductance Suppressed Conductor will suppress EMI indefinitely, allowing this cable to be used on all road vehicles with any ignition styles and especially essential for LPG gas converted vehicles.
Please do not confuse Magnecor with cheaper high-street or original equipment leads. Spiral wound leads hand built by Magnecor actually boost spark output and plug gaps can safely be increased by 10-20% due substantial higher spark delivery voltage.
NGK has the technology to produce plugs for every type of automotive engine, as well as for motorcycles, marine, horticultural and many other applications. In fact NGK produces and stocks over 1,000 different types of plug. Each one matches even the most demanding manufacturers' specifications. Which is no doubt why NGK are the world's No.1 spark plug.
This is a 12V Bosch coil, part number PRC6574G.
- If you have any questions about this extensive listing please telephone for advice
- As always, advise is freely given!
- We are offering here, either the single or dual timing amplifier, please let us know, which one you require upon purchasing, else we will default to sending the single timing.
- Upon Purchasing a set of Magnecor Leads please let us know what vehicle you wish to fit to, so we can be sure of sending the correct leads. If you have a coil lead length of over 22 inches please contact us first.
- It is essential that you tell us the complete spec. of your existing engine to ensure the correct components are supplied.
- Is it possible to Visit Rpi. for collection, further information or for parts to be fitted.
For sure we have many customers from all over the world, that not only visit us but enjoy our unique hospitality, as well as our in-house workshop facilities that can cater for anything from major rebuilds, restorations, engine fittings, LPG conversions. As well as drop in chipping and ignition system upgrades. Holly our Engine builder (Head Chef maybe) can always find the time to show you around the world of V8 Rover engines and explain all variants and upgrades.
- Is Your location in 'North Norfolk', a great place to visit!
No matter where you are located in the world a visit to us and our area, whether for the day, a week or even for a weekend in itself can be very, very rewarding, We can happily offer you information and assistance for accommodation ranging from our favourite traditional eighteenth century Norfolk country house Hotel, the Norfolk Mead, http://www.norfolkmead.co.uk or Modern Hotels, Norwich central Hotels or from a chosen range of local bed and breakfast (B&B) establishments.
We can also supply information links to ferry and airports to help, what's more as I have a deep regard for all things local to Norfolk you can find a wealth of local scenic information here, http://www.scenicnorfolk.co.uk this is a unique local web site with some content supplied by myself.
- Whats more, Now with online 'You-Tube'. videos too.
To help give you the real feel of all we can offer, what we can achieve and the standards we aspire too we now have a space on 'You-Tube' for your enlightenment. (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RPIEngineering) to afford you a unique, real time snapshot of what you can expect from us. What's more, to see, feel and genuinely experience the passion we have for what we do and what we can do for your V8.
(See our other eBay items)
If you are paying by Paypal or are located outside of the UK, please refer to payment instructions. Please also remember our prices are inclusive of EEC VAT which can be deducted from your final bid price if you have exemption, or delivery of your item is outside the EEC states.