Magnecor Plug Wires 8mm Blue Suitable for All Distributed Rover V8s
This Listing is for:
A full set of 8.0mm Blue Magnecor Plug Leads to suit all Rover V8 engines with a distributor. The most common vehicles have been listed above for you to select before purchase, however if you require custom leads or don't see your vehicle listed please contact us, as we can supply Magnecor leads for all Rover V8 vehicles.
Which set is right for my vehicle?
- SD1, Rover P6 and MG B GT plug leads have the number 1 lead at the 1 o'clock position on the distributor (when viewed from above with the distributor fitted on the engine). All other sets have number 1 plug lead at the 5 o'clock position.
- The other variation between plug lead sets is the length of the coil lead, which has been listed in the option list above.
- 3.5 EFI Range Rover Classics require the 3.9/4.2 V belt lead set with a 22" coil lead
- Please note the TVR leads supplied in this listing are only suitable for vehicles which are fitted with spark plug extenders. If you do not have plug extenders, please contact us as we have developed a speciality set to withstand the higher temperatures present when using TVR exhaust manifolds.
Why use Magnecor?
- Increased engine torque, especially through the low end and mid range where you spend most of your time on the road.
- Smoother running thanks to improved combustion
- Far cleaner & lower emissions creating for far longer engine life.
- "Fit and forget" - if properly cared for (aka removing by pulling boots, not leads) Magnecor leads can last a lifetime. We have seen sets last for 18+ years with no reduction in quality.
- At this cost, Magnecor wires will not only be the most cost effective upgrade you ever made but will also considerably enhance the driving pleasure of your cherished vehicle.
- For further assurance we can reliably state we have supplied many thousands of sets of Magnecor wires the past 20+ years and 99% are still in use without fault or perhaps the engine itself has given up first. We have had them on vehicles that RPi own for 18 years or more and they are still performing just as well as day 1.
- Hand built in the UK (by Humans) and checked for continued maximum manufacture assembly reliability.
- Spiral wound for full capacitance build up to create shortest, highest possible voltage spark
- Stainless Steel hand built construction at the spark plug connection to eliminate normal corrosion otherwise causing all damaging HT. contact degradation.
- Many boot style and angles both at plug lead and distributor fitment ends, variable in the set to provide perfect fitment and avoidance of obstacles such as hot exhaust manifolds.
- Minimum 8mm Silicon cover, ( 8.5 Red Also available) Silicon although in itself is of no value for spark enhancement, but very good as the ultimate RF insulator, wire strengthener, damp inhibitor and durability, all being only real purpose of the use of silicone in plug wires here. (if colour is important though we offer 8mm Blue and 8.5MM red)
- Fit and forget, the lifetime warranty offered with these Magnecor wires can be truly believed and we will guarantee to replace any faulty ones of our own back for a ten year period.
Magnecor design Origins.
- In the beginning. Designed primarily for pure racing engines using racing ignitions, turbo charging and supercharging.
- The Entire jacket was made from aerospace extreme heat-resistant silicone rubber.
- Exclusive Magnecor 2.5 mm Metallic Inductance Suppressed Conductor will suppress EMI indefinitely, allowing this cable to be used on all road vehicles with any ignition styles and especially essential for LPG gas converted vehicles..