Product informationIncluded in this listing is a pair of stage 4 Merlin cylinder heads for the Rover V8 engine. Created from 25 years of flow bench studies and now machined in-house by RPi engineering from ultra high-grade, high density billet alloy on our very own V8 powered 4 axis CNC machine. This is truly the ultimate fast road Rover V8 cylinder head, with valves repositioned for best flow and angle, larger ports designed for most efficient air flow and speeds, additional supports for the rocker shaft assembly and more to allow for huge gains in torque, efficiency and power.
As if that wasn't already good enough, these will also be supplied with a pair of cast alloy Merlin rocker covers, so they'll look good under the bonnet too.
- Inlet valve size 1.73"
- Exhaust valve size 1.45"
- High grade valve springs installed
- Two additional rocker shaft supports on each head
- All parts for installation are available from RPi
- Cast Merlin F85 rocker covers included
- Machined in-house, to order
Additional informationWhat are the advantages of choosing Merlin cylider heads?
The Merlin heads open up new realms of power, torque and efficiency in the Rover V8 engine thanks to 25 years spent on flow bench studies as well as modifying standard Rover heads. The result is the ultimate in fast road and offroad heads with valves positioned for best efficiency and sized for optimum flow.
What gains will I see?
This is something that's very dfficult to put numbers on as everyone's vehicle, engine, setup and useage is different however if you wish to know more please give us a call and we'll do everything we can. However there will be gains in torque and power in the vast majority of Rover V8 engines
Will these heads work on my 3.5?
While these heads will physically fit a 3.5 and run without issue, we believe that your money is best spent on moving to a larger capacity engine first. The 3.9, 4.0, 4.2 and 4.6 engines all move much more air than the 3.5, and therefor can see larger gains from a high-flow cylinder head. Because of this it's best to get the core engine, ignition and fuelling systems correct before fitting Merlin cylinder heads. If you wish for any additional information, please call 01603 891209 or email email@example.com
- Please note that as these heads are machined to order, there will be a waiting period before you recieve your cylinder heads
- A piper 285 cam is recommended by us, however another cam is available. Please enquire.
- Specific Loctite grades are required for installation of some bolts, details included or by enquiry.
- All parts for fitting are available from us if required