Here we have the essential Optimax ECU chip for the Hotwire fuel injection system used on the Rover V8 engine. This is an essential upgrade for all standard 3.9l Hotwire powered four wheel drive vehicles. Don't however make the mistake of thinking that this is a horsepower chip like so many others; this is a correction chip aimed at righting the wrongs of the standard Rover fuel map and therefore improving the drivability, smoothness, efficiency and reliability of your engine. In most cases this is a plug-and-play part using some basic tools and knowledge, with full fitting instructions provided. Alternatively a fitting service is available, please enquire for more details.
The Optimax chip listed here is for completely standard 3.9l Rover V8's in four wheel drive vehicles only. If you have made any upgrades to your engine, you will need the Tornado chip listed here. The Tornado chip is also the recommended chip for two wheel drive cars such as the RV8, Morgan +8 for improved engine breaking, refined idle and further refinement to the fuelling at the top end of the rev range as well as being better prepared to accept further upgrades.
- Essential upgrade for economy and efficiency
- This is not a horsepower chip - it's to correct the fuelling of your Rover V8 engine
- Essential if any upgrades have been applied to your engine
- With so many fuel maps on file, there's no need to visit a rolling road. Just tell us your application and we'll send the right chip for you
- We recommend upgrading your ignition system with our ignition amplifier, Magnecor plug leads, non-resisted spark plugs and RPI rotor arm and distributor cap.
- Before ordering, open the case of your ECU (4x T20 Torx screws) to find out if your ECU is already socketed, and which software type it is. We will require this information to order your chip. Instructions for this can be found here. Please select your software type from the drop down menu above.
- A fitting and tuning service is available at our workshop in Horsford, Norfolk. Please enquire on 01603 891209
- For home installations, full telephone and email support is also available for any questions you may have