Product informationHere we have the essential Optimax ECU chip for the Hotwire fuel injection system used on the Rover V8 engine. This is an essential upgrade for all standard 3.9l Hotwire powered vehicles. Don't however make the mistake of thinking that this is a horsepower chip like so many others; this is a correction chip aimed at righting the wrongs of the standard Rover fuel map and therefore improving the drivability, smoothness, efficiency and reliability of your engine. In most cases this is a plug-and-play part using some basic tools and knowledge, with full fitting instructions provided. Alternatively a fitting service is available, please enquire for more details.
The chip here makes a huge difference in driving to a wide range of vehicles whether they're Range Rover Classics, MG RV8's, Morgans, TVRs, Discovery 1 or any other Rover V8 powered vehicle with the Hotwire injection system. As standard, these vehicles all ran the same Range Rover fuel map (with the exception of TVR who dumped excess fuel in at the top end to try and boost horsepower), which is completely incorrect for vehicles which aren't 2.5 tons and four wheel drive. What's more is that on the Range Rover, the fuel map runs lean on cruise which can cause its own issues. All this means there are vast improvements to be made regardless of the vehicle too, even on a standard engine.
The Optimax chip listed here is for standard 3.9l Rover V8's only. If you have made any upgrades to your engine, you will need the Tornado chip listed here. The Tornado chip is also the recommended chip for two wheel drive cars such as the RV8, Morgan +8 for improved engine breaking, refined idle and further refinement to the fuelling at the top end of the rev range.
- Essential upgrade for economy and efficiency
- This is not a horsepower chip - it's to correct the fuelling of your Rover V8 engine
- Essential if any upgrades have been applied to your engine
- With so many fuel maps on file, there's no need to visit a rolling road. Just tell us your application and we'll send the right chip for you
- We recommend upgrading your ignition system with our ignition amplifier, Magnecor plug leads, non-resisted spark plugs and RPI rotor arm and distributor cap.
- A fitting and tuning service is available at our workshop in Horsford, Norfolk. Please enquire on 01603 891209
- For home installations, full telephone and email support is also available for any questions you may have