Product informationIncluded in this listing is an RPi camshaft kit containing a Piper camshaft, Cloyes duplex roller timing chain set, OEM tappets and a set of high quality gaskets required to complete the job as well as full lifetime RPi telephone assistance should you need any help with installation. The kit here is suitable for any Rover V8 engine with a distributor and V-Belt front end. This is the very same kit that we at RPi would use in our own engines so you can be sure of excellent quality in every part.
- Precision machined cast iron cam sprocket
- Crank sprocket induction hardened
- Seamless duplex roller chain with .250" rollers
- Multiple keyway crank sprocket
Which cam best suits my needs?Piper Torquemax
Like the name suggests, this camshaft is profiled for torque at the bottom to mid rev range, making it the perfect choice for four wheel drive applications such as Land Rovers and Range Rovers (especially if used for towing), as well as heavier saloons such as the Rover P5, P6 and SD1 which are still on standard heads
A power increase in the mid rev range with a good increase in usable torque to boot, the Piper 270 is great for light 2wd cars in standard form such as MG B's and Morgans, or heavier saloons and Land Rovers which have been upgraded to stage 1 heads or beyond.
More power at the top of the rev range, while still keeping a smooth idle and driveability at low revs and low speeds and no noticeable loss of torque. Stage 1 or above cylinder heads and ECU chipping are especially recommended when using the 285 camshaft
- Never re-use your original tappets
- Timing chains are normally badly stretched and will always need replacing
- Push rods are low-cost and should be replaced if at all worn
- Shim kits for setting tapped pre-load are available and essential for all work involving camshaft, valves or rocker assemblies
- Rockers and rocker shafts should be inspected for signs of wear or breakage