Product informationIncluded in this listing is an ARP mains stud kit to fit all Rover V8 engines. ARP mains stud kits are used in all our pre-crossbolted engines, so you can be sure of excellent quality.
The engines that don't have cross bolting (ie 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2) also have very little sidewall contact on the mains caps. This means in some situations, the mains caps are able to "walk" ever so slightly, which eventually causes havoc at the bottom end of the engine. With the ARP studs fitted, there is much less chance of this happening due to the much tighter fit of the stud in the mains cap stopping any potential movement. It's for this reason that we fit an ARP stud kit to all of the engines we supply that aren't cross bolted and recommend that you fit them.
- ARP mains stud kit
- Suitable for all Rover V8 engines from 3.5 to 4.6
- Fitted to all RPi pre-crossbolted engines as standard
- Head and big end stud kits available, please enquire
- Early (non cross-bolted) engines have very little side wall contact between the main bearing cap and the block, causing the bottom end to be weak.
- The ARP stud is the exact size of the bolt hole in the bearing cap, stopping the cap from "walking" back and forth as it does when using the standard bolts.
- Finer thread pitch allows for better clamping force
- Full installation instructions provided specific for the Rover V8