Product informationIncluded in this listing is an RPi rebuilt 3.9 liter short engine, which for us is a block, crank, rods and pistons. As with all our engines, this block has been through our rigorous testing process to ensure that it's not cracked. Alongside this, an ARP mains stud kit has been fitted as well as reground crank with new bearings throughout and new pistons.
- 9.75:1 compression ratio
- Brand new +20 pistons
- ARP mains bearing stud kit
- Reground crankshaft with new bearings fitted throughout
Why Choose an RPi Engine?Our blocks
All of the blocks we use go through the same process to ensure they aren't cracked. First, we chemically clean the blocks to ensure that all the oil and waterways are clear. It is then thoroughly checked for imperfections and thread integrity before being used, and our reliability record speaks for itself on the results
We use the best quality components in all our engines, using the experience we've gained over the last 30 years of Rover V8 engines. For example, we only use Piper cams, Cloyes, kent or Genuine Land Rover timing chain sets, OEM tappets and much more
RPi have been working on Rover V8 engines and the vehicles they power for the last 30 years, and in that time Holly, our only engine builder, has built over 2000 Rover V8 engines of all specifications.
- We are able to supply engines of many differing sizes and specifications, please contact us for more details
- We can also offer unlimited support with advice over email and telephone, or fitting here at our workshop for any Rover V8 components, from servicing to full engine replacements
- It's always best to use a good quality camshaft to ensure long life
- Valvoline VR1 20w/50 is the only oil we use and recommend for the Rover V8 and is available from us by request.
- Good quality fuelling and ignition systems of the correct specifications are essential, and RPi are more than happy to help you make your selection.