Due to current high demand, these cylinder heads are temporarily unavailable unless ordered on a long or turnkey engine. We apologise for any inconvenience caused
Included in this listing is a pair of stage 3 Rover V8 cylinder heads to fit any Rover V8 engine. These heads have been reconditioned to our very high standards meaning that they've been checked and thoroughly cleaned ensure that oil and waterways are completely clear of any old deposits. Threads are then checked and repaired if necessary, the head faced, ports enlarged and smoothed, oversized valves fitted, valve seat throat opened to stage 3 specification, 3 angle valve seats cut, and bulleted valve guides fitted along with neoprene valve guide seals. These heads are suitable for Rover V8 engines of all ages, sizes and capacity. Please select 10 or 14 bolt heads from the drop down menu above.
Please note that cylinder heads are supplied on an exchange basis, and a surcharge will apply if no exchange heads are received. Let us know if you will be sending exchange heads using the drop down menu above when purchasing. We do not accept pre 1976 cylinder heads as exchange units as they are not suitable for our requirements. If you are unsure, please contact us - additional pictures of what you have are always useful. We must receive your exchange cylinder heads before we will dispatch your order if you select the exchange option.
PLEASE NOTE: These cylinder heads are machined to order, as such there will be a delay before dispatch. At present the lead time on cylinder heads is 12 weeks due to demand.
- Stage 3 Rover V8 cylinder heads.
- Oversized valves on three angle valve seats
- Inlet and exhaust port sizes increased and ports polished
- Piper valve springs
- Compatible with all RPi supplied camshafts
- Fully compatible with LPG and unleaded petrol
- 10 or 14 bolt heads available - please select from the menu above.
- Stage three heads are supplied here but standard, stage 1 and stage 4 heads are also available from our shop
- We recommend using an ARP head stud kit on all Rover V8 engines, however at the very least the head bolts should always be replaced with brand new.
- Tappet pre-load will need setting when these heads are fitted. This is achieved with use of a shim kit, available from RPi Engineering on this shop.
- With the heads and inlet removed, always inspect your camshaft and tappets for signs of wear to catch any problems before they develop. Always be aware that what looks "probably alright" at the moment could cause increased engine wear and further work later on.