Product informationFor sale in this listing is a water pump, which we believe is suitable for the following vehicles:
- Discovery 1 - V belt front end - Carb and EFI models
- Range Rover Classic- V belt - EFI - generally produced from 1986 onward but please check the above images for comparison as there are some exceptions
The V-belt front end can be identified by its use of a distributor for the ignition system and multiple narrow, v-shaped belts around the ancillaries.
This pump measures approximately 100mm from the mounting face to the front of the pulley mount. If your current pump looks the same but is shorter than this, you may require the MG RV8 version of the pump which you can find on our shop here
- Rover V8 water pumps have a small hole in the underside, which is an early warning indicator of water pump seal failure. If you see coolant coming from the underside of the water pump, replace it before the bearing fails completely.
- If you are unsure which water pump you need, you can send us a photo of yours and we will endeavour to identify it for you.
- While the water pump here is suitable for the vehicles detailed above, we are able to source nearly all varieties of Rover V8 water pump. As above, the best method is always to send us a photo of your current pump so we can supply an exact match.